Hong Kong and Macao Students
Hong Kong and Macao Students
Hong Kong and Macao Students who enter Taiwan with an Entry Permit are required to have a physical checkup and apply for a Residence Certificate before the expiration date (usually in three months).
In 30 days before the expiration of the residence period, students need to apply online for extension of residence. Failure to comply may result in a fine from NT$2,000 to NT$10,000.
Requested documents (PDF file or Photos):
1. Health check approval certificate (Students are recommended having the health checkup at Physical Examination Center, Taipei City Hospital, YangMing Branch. It usually takes 2 weeks to get the result).
2. 2-inch color photo (with a white background).
3. Passport and Residence Certificate of Hong Kong and Macao
4. Entry Permit
5. Proof of Enrollment
6. Documents to prove identification
7. Proof of Admission or a letter issued by the school where the student is admitted into or studying at Taiwan.8. Those applied for the first time must provide a document to prove the available residence in Taiwan (dormitory application or a rental contract).
9. Applicants who are over 20 years of age must provide a national criminal record at place of overseas residence or place of residence.
First Application for College Students: NT$2,600 (Valid for three years).
Certificate Extension Fee: NT$300 (Valid for one year).
It may take ten or more working days to review the application and issue the Certificate. Applicants are asked to present the receipt of payment to collect their certificates.
Students changed residence address need to apply for information modification with necessary documents within 15 days of such change. Failure to comply may result in a fine from NT$2,000 to NT$10,000.
For studies, students want to stay longer than the period of residency must apply for extension 30 days before expiration.
Students overstay a period of residence for less than 30 days must pay the fine and an extension fee to apply for extension of residence. Students overstaying for 29 days or more must pay the fine and exit Taiwan on the requested date and reapply for visa to enter Taiwan to study.
NT$2,000 for overstaying for 1 to 10 days.
NT$4,000 for overstaying for 11 to 30 days.
NT$6,000 for overstaying for 31 to 60 days.
NT$8,000 for overstaying for 61 to 90 days.
NT$10,000 for overstaying for over 91 days.
Students who plan to exit Taiwan for summer or winter breaks need to make sure they have a valid Alien Residence Certificate. Application for extension could be filed with an E-ticket for flying back.
The Residence Certificate is void after students complete all the procedures to leave the school (dropout or suspension). Students who want to renter Taiwan for studies must apply for a visa once again.
Students who want to extend their residency must provide the Proof of Extended Study Certificate (apply at Office #204, Fe Hwa Building).
National Immigration Agency
Ministry of Interior
Address：No. 15, Guangzhou St., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei 100-66, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Counter service hours: Monday to Friday 08:00-17:00