A person of foreign nationality, who has never held nationality status from the Republic of China (R.O.C.) and who does not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of application, is qualified to apply for admission under “International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan” rules of the Ministry of Education.
- A person of foreign nationality who has never held nationality status from the Republic of China and does not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of application.
- A person of foreign nationality, pursuant to the following regulations and who has resided overseas continuously for no less than six years, is also qualified to apply for admission under this regulation.
- a.A person who also is a national of the R.O.C. but does not hold or has never held a household registration in Taiwan.
- b.A person who has held nationality status from the Republic of China but does not hold R.O.C. nationality at the time of application and has had an annulled status regarding R.O.C. nationality for no less than 8 years after annulment of R.O.C. nationality by the Ministry of the Interior.
- c.The persons referred to in the preceding two subparagraphs must have never previously undertaken studies in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student nor have accepted a placement by the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students in the current academic year.
- An applicant of foreign nationality who is eligible for permanent residence in Hong Kong or Macau, who has never had household registration in Taiwan, and who at the time of their application has resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or elsewhere overseas continuously for at least six years may apply for admission.
- A person who was formerly from the Mainland Area and who has foreign nationality and has have never had household registration in Taiwan, and resided overseas continuously for at least six years may apply for admission.
- Freshmen and first year graduate students: A person who has graduated from a high school, college, or university recognized by the Ministry of Education, R.O.C., can apply for admission, or a person who meets the “Standards for Recognition of Equivalent Educational Level as Qualified for Entering University” regulations are considered as having an adequate level of education to register for the new student enrollment entrance examination.International students with a high school diploma are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs, bachelor’s degree holders for master’s programs, and master’s degree holders for doctoral programs.
- Transfer students: Persons who leave school before graduation and whose schools are either national or private universities in Taiwan plan to continue their study for a bachelor’s degree should follow the following regulations:
- (1)Applicants having completed 2 semesters or more are eligible to apply for the first semester of the sophomore session.
- (2)Applicants having completed 4 semesters or more are eligible to apply for the first semester of the junior session.
- (3)Applicants having completed 3 semesters or more are eligible to apply for the second semester of the sophomore session.
- (4)Applicants having completed 5 semesters or more are eligible to apply for the second semester of the junior session.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com